Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

There are many red spots and patches on my legs.

Customer Question

Dear Sir: There are many red spots and patches on my legs. They appeared about 1 month ago, and every day there are more. They are not itchy. During this month some of them disappeared but more ones spots come out. 3 days ago I started eating only vegetables to see if it's getting better. It seemshelp but I am not sure. During the daytime they look ok, some of them even can't be seen, but at night , around 22:00-24:00 they turns much redder. I am 27 years old. havent been found allergic to anything yet. Could you tell me what's happening to me? Thanks.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the first picture was taken in the daytime, when the red spots wasn't so evident and everything looks fine. The rest was taken at night when the spots get redder.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As you can see, there are also spots on my arms and other parts. but the legs are the most serious part.
Thank you and apologies for the slight delay in getting back to you. Can you tell me- is your trunk affected? Do the spots feel bumpy or are they just flat and non-palpable? Do you take any medications for anything else?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes my tummy also has some of them as you can see in the picture. but not as much as the legs.They are flat and non-palpable, only some of them are slightly bumpy. (the small but very red ones are slightly bumpy, the ones not so red and big patches are flat and non-palpable). I don't take any medication.
Looks like there is a technical bug in the system. I just received your reply :(.Your history and pictures are not suggestive of an allergic reaction. Rather, they are suggestive of a condition called cutaneous mastocytosis, a relatively harmless condition caused by excessive cells called mast cells deposited in the skin. However it is a rare diagnosis and therefore I would suggest seeing a dermatologist and getting a skin biopsy done to confirm the diagnosis. No urgency as such, but please make an appointment within the next few months.Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Best wishes