Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I had a cycle of breakout of pimples all over my forehead.

Customer Question

I had a cycle of breakout of pimples all over my forehead. I used acne face wash and gel and stopped the growth. However, the acne scars are still there and refuse to go away. They do not hurt or I do not even feel them, but they look ugly and make me feel depressed.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
HelloWelcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern Since how long you had these acne?Do you still have acne or there is only scars?Any other known medical illness?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1. This acne breakout started 2 month ago when I joined the gym. Since then I have tried to maintain a healthy lifestyle but to no use.2. There are only black scars left behind. Can they be pores are clogged and not closing?3. I have no medical illness
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for the quick reply Can you send a picture of these acne/scars?Is there any pus or discharge?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have attached the photo.There is no pus/discharge.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for uploading photo. Please wait for the answer.It may take upto 5-7 minutes. Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 months ago.
Dear customerThank you for staying online.I have seen the photo you uploaded.​As you had the cycle of breakout of pimples all over your forehead & now you have these acne scars,following treatment is recommended for you:Azelaic acid cream – this reduces pigmentation as well as effectively treating mild to moderate acneKojic acid (a natural skin lightener derived from mushroom extract), arbutin (also called bearberry extract), and vitamin C are great alternative ingredients.Other treatment includes topical retinoids (eg Adapalene),topical antibiotic lotion,oral antibiotics,oral retinoid like isotretinoin (eg Roaccutane) may be prescribed by the doctor. If these creams do not help or helped little then you need to consult your dermatologist for the laser skin resurfacing using fractionated laser technology.This can even out the skin surface and increase the formation of new collagen that will help filling the acne scars. Injecting collagen or fat under the skin and into indented scars can fill out or stretch the skin. This makes the scars less noticeable. There is no single treatment for these scars that is effective for everyone. So I advise you to make an appointment with your doctor & discuss the above described treatment-tablets & creams or the procedures & then the best treatment will be prescribed accordingly.And please do not feel depressed.These scars will go away with these treatments & your forehead will be as clear as before. Hope this helpedMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh