Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

I had phimosis and the urologist suggested circumcision

Customer Question

I had phimosis and the urologist suggested circumcision to solve the issue. The surgery was performed 1 year 3 months ago. The skin under the meatus reattached to the glans right after the circumcision. I am hoping that it can be fixed with a new surgery. But the main problem is not this.
He told the illness will resolve within a few months/years on the glans surface but it still continues to be present.
Now most part of the glans still looks irritated, peeling, reddish, somewhere white coloured, sensitive but not in a good way it actually hurts a little but less sensitive in sexual term. Dermatologist prescribed PIMAFUCORT. I dont see much difference applying that cream unfortunately.
I am not really having sexual relationship especially when this whole nightmare started.
Can you please help me? What do you suggest?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Pictures attached
Thank you. The pictures are suggestive of a condition called balanitis, often caused by friction and irritation from urine. Circumcision should have definitely helped but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have in your case.Please apply petroleum jelly 3-4 times a day and clobetasol propionate steroid ointment (you would need a script for this) once a day. It should clear up in 2-3 weeks. To prevent recurrence please keep using petroleum jelly regularly.Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Best wishes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes i would have a couple of more questions:1. Do you think this looks like BXO?2. What do you think about tea tree oil and DMSO? Do you think these can make any difference in this case?3. I have read about clobetasol propionate and it says that one should be very cautios applying to genital region since it can thicken the skin even after a short treatment. How often do i need to apply this cream?4. I have forgot that i also have crohn's disease, do you think that there should be any connection between balanitis and crohn's?
1. No, it doesn't look like BXO. 2. No i don't think they would make any difference 3. Don't worry, it is safe to apply for 1-2 weeks. In fact in BXO, we give it for 2-3 months even! Just apply the cream once daily. 4. No, I don't see any connection.