Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

I used natroba topical solution in my hair lice used it March 30 yesterday March

Customer Question

I used natroba topical solution in my hair for head lice used it March 30 yesterday March 31 my head got suppppper itchy now I have a rash that runs behind my right ear and down to my shoulder could I have had an allergic reaction?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 8 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. It certainly sounds like an allergic reaction.
Please stop using it. Apply olive oil or coconut oil mixed in liberal amounts of 1% cortisone cream and apply 3/4 times a day. In addition you can take Zyrtec or Benadryl tabs 2-3/ day to help with the itching.If the problem isn't starting to resolve in 2-3 days I would suggest you see a doctor and get a prescription for a stronger steroid called clobetasol propionate lotion, to be applied once daily.Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Best wishes.