Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

September,10th, 2015. Started noticing small white bumps that

Customer Question

September,10th, 2015. Started noticing small white bumps that looked like developing acne. I had no concerns at this point and used the standard skin cleaning procedures that I would normally take. Dove unscented soap for sensitive skin. And astringent to dry out oils and clean off any bacteria that would cause acne to continue. Weeks pass and bumps remain and all of them start forming a weak cloudy scab that swells and falls off after getting wet for a few minutes. All spots of concern start becoming red around center white point that resembles a white plug and stay wet with clear fluid that becomes a weak semi transparent scab. When scab gets wet, it will fall off exposing a prominent white follicle that looks like a piece of angel hair pasta. Open wounds have never become infected to this dat of April 1st, 2016. Sores will heal some and scar then come back up in same spot or directly beside infected site. Spots on face, arms, hips, chest, back, and penis have never become infected even though they all have been fully open or partially open for six months now. I have used clindamycin, mupiricon, nystatin, triamcinolone, antifungal creams, clotrimazole, triple antibiotics, permethrin, clobetasol propionate. Internal medicine taken includes doxycycline, dicloxacillin, valacyclovir, cephalexin, rocephin injections, penicillin injection, ivermectin. Bleach bath, alcohol bath, Epsom bath. Antifungal powders and spray, mite creams, shampoos and body wash, permethrin bath. Moxidectin, praziquantel, ivermectin, bimectin all for horses. Taken melafix, methylene blue. Have taken all of these things either topical or internal and have had absolutely no progress or positive results. I am mentally, phisically, and financially exhausted with this persistent and constant problem. Please advise me with your thoughts.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Here are some pics of right arm left arm and penis. All lesions have been present 5 months and more.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Am I contagious in any way to my family regarding the chemicals that I have consumed?
Thank you for the details/ pictures. Can you tell me- when the spot first forms- is there any fluid/ pus inside? Do you have any early lesions you could take a picture of? Are the bumps sore or itchy?Would you be able to also upload some long shots to show the distribution of the lesions?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Lesions are very sore but itchy too. Very stressful that they have remained for 6 months.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Chunks that resembles cauliflower are directly under skin and reach deep into tissue. Pieces protrude out of skin occasionally. Clear pus that seems to be an anti coagulant. Wounds will bleed for minutes before partially clotting.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am falling asleep now. Time is 1:30am eastern time. I wake up at 8:00am eastern time. Hope to hear from you very soon. Thank you Dr.
Ok. Please tell me something- are the lesions itchy? Have you tried any topical or oral steroids? Do you suffer from anxiety/ stress?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Started using clobetasol propionate 0.05% cream yesterday. Lesions are itchy and very sore and painful. They always have a moist appearance and do not dry up. I have much anxiety and stress due to open wounds on my body that will not heal for six months now.
Ok, I would suggest waiting for a week to see if clobetasol helps. This is what I would have recommended anyway. If in a weeks time you do not see any improvement I would suggest seeing a dermatologist and getting a skin biopsy done to evaluate the problem and confirm the diagnosis.Stress by itself can cause itching and sores like this, in which case medications to reduce stress/ anxiety should also be taken.Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Best wishes.
By the way please take Benadryl tabs 3-4 times a day as required for symptomatic itch relief and also apply 1-2% menthol cream (should be available in your local pharmacy) 2-3 hourly to soothe the lesions.