Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

I'm a 47 year old, freckled, red headed energetic mom of two

Customer Question

I'm a 47 year old, freckled, red headed energetic mom of two elementary school aged kids who has literally "stopped" living because of my face, specially my chin. I had laser resurfacing back in December without incident other than the extreme redness and days of peeling. In late February, however, what I initially assumed to be a harmless "blemish" on my nose, morphed into an unbelievably painful, frustratingly stubborn infection. After 3 weeks, I finally saw a Dermatologist. Within seconds, he told me what I pretty much already knew, my nose was infected and would most likely scar. He prescribed the Doxycycline Hyclate capsules and Neo Syna at
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: and Neo-synalar ointment. OMG the stuff ate a crater out of my nose. So back to the Derm. In the interim and after discussing past events with my husband, I realized I failed to mention the laser resurfacing I had in December. So, now I am on 1/2 the dose of Doxycycline and some magical cream (with a price tag of $800 it must be special) called Bionect. The goal is
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 8 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I believe I'm experiencing a latent, Herpetic outbreak. I was not givers anti viral medication either pre or post laser treatment.
Ok. Please upload a picture if possible