Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.

What treatments work dark spots?

Customer Question

What facial treatments work for eliminating dark spots?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 6 months ago.
My suggestion would be to see a dermatologist for a CO2 laser treatment for dark spots, especially if you have a condition called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation as the cause. This happens because of trauma as in cuts, abrasions and then sun exposure. The Fraxel laser will debride the upper surfaces of the epidermis, and smooth out irregularities in the skin, removing dark spots. Ask you dermatologist. There are cremes like lac hydrin that have lactic acid in them, but they may or may not work, and take concerted effort. I hope that helps Dr Frank
Jasmine. I hope I was able to send you valuable information for your dark spots. Please get back to me anytime and I will reply to discuss this further. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work. Good Luck and Thanks *****