Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

A week ago I had a small like pimple on my now I have three

Customer Question

A week ago I had a small like pimple on my butt now I have three large ones what could this be? And what and how do I get rid of it
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Is it painful to touch?

Are you passing any discharge ?

Do you have fever?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Can you please share picture.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are very red and had scabs but not anymore, they are painful
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, from the description it sounds to be Folliculitis.

It arise from Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands and occur due to the fact that hair follicles become infected, often with Staphylococcus aureus.

Usually such lesions last about 5-7 days but because they can keep recurring and can be multiple in nature.

To treat this condition, You can apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area 4-5 times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain.

You can use over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream to affected area.
You can take Tylenol for associated pain and inflammation, it can be taken twice a day.
You need to apply Mupirocin ointment twice a day on affected part.

You should use Dial Antibacterial liquid soap for bathing. Continue this even when asymptomatic.

If there is no improvement within 3 days of this then you will require a 5 days course of an oral antibiotic like Dicloxacillin 500 mg three times a day.

You can use a clean washcloth and towel to dry off each time you wash.
You should not share your towels or washcloths, and launder them in plenty of hot, soapy water after every use.

Please follow above measures, and see your doctor for clinical examination and get this issue managed.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I'll try that
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear,

Yes, you should follow measures, as advised in previous post.

Usually mild infection, can easily get cured with such tips.

I wish for your good health.

God bless you.