Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

Ive been getting random little itchy red bumbs, almost like

Customer Question

Hey ive been getting random little itchy red bumbs, almost like the chicken pox, that turn into scabs/sores and then leave annoying scars. This has been going on for 3 to 4 years but its really starting to bother me because of the scarring. Any ideas?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Idk if it attaced right but i took a picture of one on my arm and one on my chest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also get them on my back.

Thanks. I do see the sores. Can you send me pics of the bumps when they first come up, before they become sores? How long does each individual lesion take to heal? Any possibility of insect bites?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it takes about 2-3 weeks to heal. I dont have any that just started right now. At first they do look like a bug bite, but ive moved alot since it started and i think the chances of it being a bug are pretty slim. But yea it usually starts out as a little red dot thats slightly raised just like a bug bite.

ok. Is anyone else in the family/ house affected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live alone, but it hasnt affected anyone else thats stayed with me. Its followed me throught a few different houses and doesnt seem to go away.

Quite strange. Would you be able to maybe wait for a few days and send me a picture of a new spot? It is unusual for insects to follow you around and not bite anyone else. There are other possibilities but I wouldn't want to speculate before seeing the rash in its different stages. I will leave this question page open for you to reply back when you get a new lesion. Hope that is ok?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea thats no problem. Ill post a picture when a new one happens.

Sure. Please do that