khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

A few months ago I noticed a flat-topped bump on the

Customer Question

A few months ago I noticed a flat-topped bump on the underside of my circumscribed penile shaft just below the head. It resembles a ring and has a glossy type appearance. I did some research on stds and other skin issues and found nothing or had any symptoms to relate to.
This past week I noticed another ring on the front part of the penile shaft. The older ring isn't as defined as it once was either, but is still there.
I got extremely worried this past week because when my penis was erect and the air/weather was dry/cold my penis shaft and head became white as if I had extremely dry skin. When the erection was gone I was left with tiny specs of white near the rings on the shaft. I wiped them with a wet towel and the whiteness went away.
Since then I have attempted erections and the whiteness did not cover the majority of the penis. I have no itching, flaking, cracking, bleeding, exc. Just the discoloration sometimes when erect and the flat ring shaped bumps.
After that experience I have been spending most of my time researching and I finally came across images of lichen planus. I just dont have any of the symptoms related to this skin disease but the images of penises with this look almost exactly the same.
Are there any other types of bumps, exc. That may resemble lichen planus? The information states theres no cure and it usually clears up on its own after some time.
I also have pictures available
Only have $20 so as much help as possible would be appreciated
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
pics
Expert:  khagihara replied 8 months ago.

Yes, it looks like annular lichen planus. The natural history of most cases of cutaneous lichen planus is to remit within one to two years. Oral, genital, scalp, and nail lichen planus tend to be more persistent.