Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

I have big bump on my penis shaft that has been there +

Customer Question

I have big bump on my penis shaft that has been there for 10+ years. It is not painful but I believe it has grown larger in the past few years. It is about a centimeter in diameter , maybe larger.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Thank you. This is what is called a sebaceous cyst, caused by a blocked oil gland. It is harmless and needs no treatment if it is not bothering you. However if you want to get rid of it, the only way is to see a cutaneous surgeon or urologist and have it cut out under local anesthetic. It would need a few stitches, but would heal up well post surgery, within a week or so. But as I said, surgery is not necessary unless it is bothering you. Unfortunately creams will not work.

Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Best wishes.