Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

Am worried about this ***** ***** on my lip, its a small

Customer Question

am worried about this ***** ***** on my lip
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a small whitish looking white circule on top left lip corner veey noticable i wemt to a doctor before but he sounded dum saying its nothing and gave me blood tests and said it would go away
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dermatologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 8 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
did you get it ?

yes, please wait

ok. The picture is not that clear. Can you try taking the picture in brighter lighting please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
nm

Thanks. I can see it now. How long have you gad it for? Did it start as a bump/ blister? How does it bother you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this mYbe 2 or 1 year now it started as a bumb and i thought if i poked it with a needle it will go away put no puss came out just blood and it just never went away
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it doesnt really bother me no pain at all just wen i see it everywere

ok. IS it a bump now or flat?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
flat ,'?,,,,,,,,,,,
can i email a short viedo clip
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

You can if you use one of out premium (phone/skype) services as we are not allowed to share our personal email ids otherwise. If it is completely flat, I am afraid there is not a lot one can do about it. From what you say, it probably started as a blocked gland (milia) and subsequently healed to leave a white spot. Nothing serious or worrying at all. If you want to get rid of it, you have two options.

1. Get it cut out (would be a very simple procedure done under local anesthetic)

2. See a professional tattoo artist and get a skin coloured tattoo on the white spot.

Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Best wishes.