Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

Name is JordanHi I have had a problem even before I ever had

Customer Question

Name is***** have had a problem even before I ever had sex. It is that I have loss of akin color which was due to masturbation I believe when I was a freshmen in highschool. Afterwards my skin color never came back. Its on most of my penis.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just my skin color is missing on most of my penis
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dermatologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Is there any associated inflammation or scarring?

Could you attach a picture of the skin that has lost color?

I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back.

The most common cause of loss of skin color is vitiligo, and this is unrelated to masturbation. It is possible that loss of skin color could be due to inflammation of the skin, and inflammation could be related to masturbation, although even this is not very commonly seen with masturbation.

Although the usual approach would be to see your doctor, another option would be to try an over the counter hydrocortisone cream, which can help with inflammation and vitiligo.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.