Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems
13781349

I have been dealing with a skin problem on my forehead and I

Customer Question

I have been dealing with a skin problem on my forehead and I don't have a clue what it is. It keeps spreading and it's starting to get worse
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Can you post a picture of the skin on this page ?

That would be helpful

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure!
Hello again !
Sorry for delay as I am mid travel at moment here...
Does this itch ? Feel sore to touch ?
How long has it been gradually spreading ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It burns sometimes, not a lot. When I sweat the spots turn like a grey-ish color. It's like more and more spots keep coming on my forehead. It sometimes feels like it's scaly/crusty if that helps!

Hello again,

Well I advise that you see a dermatologist.. the appearance in much regard reminds me of a condition > erythrasma >that is caused by a bacterial infection but the location is not typical for that..

If Erythrasma it would fluoresce coral red under a Wood's lamp ( blacklight) and may respond to erythromycin for 14 days

Econazole cream may be a good option for treatments that topical cream is both anti-fungal and anti-bacterial as well .....

I think that you need close exam and may benefit from supportive testing ..

I think that this rash would benefit from the right antibiotic treatment and possibly along with a steroid cream...

Such combination should clear it up within 1 to 2 weeks for you..

I hope that this information is helpful for you.

Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank you! ***** get treatments for this would this problem be gone for good or will it come back?And could you give an estimate on how much a dermatologist visit is?

Hello again,

Yes I think that treatment will clear the condition and that you will be rid of it...

Office visit to a dermatologist may run $125 - $150 but that can vary > call office for usual charge first visit routine visit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, will do!Thanks for the help!

You are very welcome!

Take care!