Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 3-5mm red spot on the

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 3-5mm red spot on the base of my penile shaft. It is mildly tender to the touch, but it doesn't itch. It appeared 2-3 weeks ago, roughly 2 months since my last sexual encounter. Can I email a picture and get your advice?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can send you a picture. It appeared 2-3 weeks ago, hasn't changed size or shape. It doesn't ooze any fluid or itch. It feels tender like a scraped elbow that is healing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dermatologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here it is.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is it clear enough in the picture?

Sorry, this is slightly hazy. Can you please try again?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here are two more.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did those work?

Firstly I have to apologise for the delay in getting back to you as I had an emergency to deal with. I have to say, the lesion is not as clear as I would like it to be, to make a specific diagnosis. Would you be able to try and take a picture in brighter lighting if possible? If not, I shall let you know what the possibilities are, based on what I can see as of now. Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here are what I hope are better pictures.

Thanks this is much better. Can you tell me- is it possible you have grazed the skin there? Secondly, have you taken any new pills recently?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No new medications, but it could have occurred while shaving. I use electric clippers which can be harsh.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also, I recently got a vasectomy and may have overdone the preparatory masturbation. I wanted to make sure I had cleared myself of any remaining sperm. I would call but am at work.

ok. Both possibilities are equally probable given you history. I do not think this is anything to worry at all. Please apply neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment 3-4 times a day and it should settle in a few days. Do not worry. This doesn't look like an STD or anything else serious.

Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. Please do not hesitate to ask. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary.
Best wishes.