dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I'm ***** *****, and I discovered this morning (which must

Customer Question

Hello, I'm ***** *****, and I discovered this morning (which must have developed over just 24 hours) a swollen, raised area, very minor itch, no redness, pus, or white capped center. Using vinegar did not reveal any wart activity, but I am really not sure about it; i had a wart a long ago that is now a scar (due to salicyclate gel) which is right next to (but not actually touching) that first area.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The bump presents as about a square centimeter, oblong, painless, with swollen skin, I could easily describe it as the raised area one gets from a mosquito bite but without any obvious center. Do genital warts ever present with an area about 1cm^2 overnight? Do they ever present as swollen skin in the scrotum, flesh colored, soft? I have a picture of it, fwiw. If it's just swelling associated with an allergic reaction or something that'd be one thing... how can i tell if it's a wart esp. if it doesn't respond to vinegar and doesn't have a "rough" or "calliflower" appearance?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have charged me without my even seeing an answer. If you do not undo this charge I will dispute it with bank of america.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
again, there is no "answer". While I was preparing to use the service, finding that you charged before you have received necessary information is fradulent and I will both reverse the credit charge and report this business to the BBB if that charge is not removed, NOW. Charging me before i'd even finished the signup is FRAUD.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me why you marked this question as solved without any further input from me?

Dear Sir. This is a refundable deposit you have paid. You will only truly pay if you accept my answer. IU haven't yet given my answer as it would be incomplete without obtaining complete details from you. Please be patient and follow through the consultation. Once you are satisfied with my answer you can decide whether to withdraw your deposit or not. This is not a fraud/ scam!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I realize you are a professional, but I am not prepared to continue the conversation now; i do not have necessary information available (ie photos) and there is no way to achieve a solution even with your help. I knew i did not have a way to get a photo to you yet, but expected that nothing would be charged until i finished the signup process.I am not interested in making you look bad by rejecting your answer when in fact you could not properly respond yet so I would take it kindly if you would cancel the consultation and refund the fee until I can provide the proper information.If you cancel this question, i will return when I am prepared. I
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as I have in fact received no answer of any kind, this is an ethical request to make. I assure you I will revisit you when I can.. but I cannot run the risk of being charged twice if when i have the proper evidence it will be considered a new question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please confirm that you've canceled it, and tell me how to re-establish contact with you when I can provide the full question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As a first time user of this service, there are many questions I could ask in the near future, and will, if we can fix this inappropriate charge now. I literally have no camera to use to take pictures now, and it may be a day or two before I do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you cannot cancel the consultation, please end it so I may reject the "answer". Again, i would prefer not to take an action that may reflect badly on you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to go to sleep soon. I would very much prefer not to reverse the charges which i will do first thing in the morning if I must.Nothing personal, I assure you. I would like to speak with you again when i actually can.

Please be patient. I will have to refer this back to customer service so that they can deal with the refund. As doctors, we do not handle payment issues. Thanks for your patience

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How may I request you specifically again? I am happy to give you five stars for your help when we next talk in the next 24-48 hours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have saved your name, please expect to hear from me soon. I know you cannot reply.I appreciate your tolerance. You have given me the confidence to continue to use this service.