Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician
Experience:  14 years of Family Practice Experience including most dermatology problems

I have a rash on the front of my neck. It doesn't hurt or

Customer Question

I have a rash on the front of my neck. It doesn't hurt or itch, but tends to get really dry
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: on March 4th I had a allergic reaction to shellfish, at that point my entire face swelled up and later became really dry. I noticed my neck became itchy around that time.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: my face is back to normal, but my eye lids are still really dry, and I have this dry patch/rash on my neck still
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 7 months ago.

From your history it sounds that you may have some residual eczema from your recent generalized allergic reaction. I would recommend applying to dry area a moisturizing lotion twice a day ( I like one with aloe but many brands are fine ) Also apply 1 percent hydrocortisone once a day to this area for up to 2 weeks ...

Eczema is a combination of dryness and hypersensitivity of skin ...

So treating the dryness and reducing inflammation with MILD topical steroid for limited time should give you good result ...

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD