DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.

I had a bad reaction to Fraxel laser one week ago. Severe

Customer Question

I had a bad reaction to Fraxel laser one week ago. Severe Acne break out and Doctor put me on Bactrim, Prednisone, and anti-fungal. It's gotten a little better, but it will flare up and down at different times. Most concerning is the HYPOpigment areas that I'm hoping aren't permanent. They are flat, irregular patches on cheek next to the rest of the red face.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 7 months ago.

It is way to soon to predict an outcome here.

The hypopigmentation might resolve rapidly with the prednisone.

You will need to give it 3 to 6 weeks to get a good idea.

I believe the current treatment is correct and it should minimize any long term effects.

Glad to look at a picture here.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.