Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I have a bump to the left of my left eye that when I squeeze

Customer Question

I have a bump to the left of my left eye that when I squeeze it, plasma and eventually blood comes out. If i do not squeeze/drain it every day, it grows into a larger bump. After draining it, it goes down sustantially but will nkt go away. I believe this is a vein directly under the skin. Can it be surgically removed?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

This seems more like a blocked tear duct causing the tear gland which is located on the outer region of the upper lid. Causing the tear gland to swell up every day and when squeezed clear drainage is coming out. However, it might also be a sebaceous cyst.

Yes, lumps like these can be surgically removed, the procedure is done under local anesthesia as an office procedure.

Please see you PCP for an appropriate referral to the ophthalmologist.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.