Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

I have a round red rash on my wrist that looks like a burn.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a round red rash on my wrist that looks like a burn. It started as a small dot and has gradually, slowly gotten bigger. I've tried triple antibiotic creams, anti-fungal and slathering with vaseline. Nothing seems to work. What could it be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It itches but doesnt seem to be contagious.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dermatologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have taken a photo. Hope this helps. It is currently18 mm in width and 15 mm in length. It also hurts a bit but itches more. It has grown over the course of 6 weeks from a dot to this size.
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Thanks for the picture. Can you tell me- have you ever had eczema before? This looks like a condition called discoid eczema. Have you tried any topical steroid creams?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I have not tried steroid creams at all. It is probably the only thing I have not tried.

Ok. Please try 1% cortisone cream 4 times per day for 2-3 weeks. If it doesn't clear up, please see your doctor and get a prescription for Clobetasol propionate cream and apply it once a day, for 2 weeks. That should clear it up. Nothing to worry. This is just a patch of eczema (discoid eczema).

Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. Please do not hesitate to ask. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary.
Best wishes.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you.

You are most welcome. Best wishes