Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

My daughter went to the doctor dime size lump on the top of

Customer Question

My daughter went to the doctor for a dime size lump on the top of her forearm. It is hard and sensitive and somewhat moveable. The Dr. Didn't know what it was. She ruled out limpoma, cyst and tumor and said to have it taken out by a plastic surgeon. What could Thisbe. Popped up overnight. She is 28.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My daughter is not home. Cannot send a picture v
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you help with what it might be.
Ok. No problem. If it popped up overnight it is unlikely to be cancerous and more likely to be due to trauma or infection. However without seeing/ examining the lesion it is difficult to be 100% certain. However as I said if it popped up overnight, unlikely to be cancerous. If it is mobile under the skin an infected cyst or lipoma is the most likely possibility. These things usually settle down on their own with no treatment. So I would suggest making an appointment with a skin/plastic surgeon. If it clears up while she is waiting, she can always cancel the appointment.Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Best wishes.