Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology

Over the last month or so under my foreskin there is

Customer Question

Hello, over the last month or so under my foreskin there is something spreading and it is starting to spread onto the tip of my penis.
It it red in parts, like extra skin had grown there, especially in one part and there Are white patches all over as well.
It is completely dry and I'm not getting any discharge or anything but it hurts a little if I really pull my foreskin back
I'm thinking genital warts but I'm not too sure, I can provide pictures if necessary
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here are some pictures here, I hope they are good enough

Thanks for the pictures. Is the whitish stuff I see in the pictures cream or these the white patches you are referring to? The pictures are a bit hazy. It would help if you can try taking further pictures in brighter lighting. You might have to zoom out a little if your camera isn't focussing up close.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The whitish stuff are the patches I was referring to, completely dry. Sorry I'll send another, hope this one is a bit better

Thank you. This picture is much better. It is consistent with a condition called lichen planus. You can read all about it here:

It is a harmless condition but needs to be treated for symptomatic relief. I would usually recommend Clobetasol propionate ointment (you would need a prescription from your doctor for this) applied once a day for 6 weeks. This usually clears it up. It is not a STD or anything else worrying.

Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Please do not hesitate to ask. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you so much doc, I live in a small town so I'll have to travel to see a doctor but that will be the go.
I'll let you know how I go and again thank you so much!!

You are most welcome. Best wishes :)

Keep me posted