dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

I have been to my doctor years probably since I was 7 with

Customer Question

Hi there I have been to my doctor for many years probably since I was 7 with elbows that have a eczema on them and or are scaly, I get recurrent little painful sores on them i use to think they were boils but doctor doesn't think he has treated with antibiotics of many types in the many years trying to get rid of them they seem to go away and then come back with a vengeance, for the eczema or dry skin he has given me many different products which never fixes the problem doesn't even help tha much fatty acid cream, some 1% and 2% of something and this new one called urea 10% which I've never had before but it seems to work slightly better then the other products, I was wondering couldn't I just get them cut off or out I asked him about lancing but he said they don't do that anymore jsut recommend ointments it's so frustrating to note I have congenital myopathy among a few other things but my overall health is very good
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you could be having psoriasis of your elbows.

you might need a biopsy to help with diagnosis.

you might need stronger steroid creams to help

there are are also IV systemic treatments for psoriasis

you can read more here.

have you had a skin biopsy of the elbow there before?