Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)

I have a small blister like (now sore) in the crack of my

Customer Question

I have a small blister like (now sore) in the crack of my buttocks,it hurts to touch.this the second time it has appeared. What is causing this?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Since how many days you have this blister?

Is there pus discharge?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Itching at first,now it only stings a little been putting alcohol on it. Been visiable for 3 worse after sex
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No discharge
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having sore blister in the crack of buttocks that hurts to touch since last 3 days can be due to folliculitis.It is inflammation of one or more hair follicles.The damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria staphylococcus.

Another possibility is of Cellulitis.It is a spreading bacterial infection of the skin and tissues beneath the skin. Staphylococcus and streptococcus bacteria are the most common causes of cellulitis.

In both the possibilities,bacterial infection is the root cause.

Swabbing the skin, then sending it to a laboratory for bacterial cultures will confirm the infection.

You may need oral antibiotics to be prescribed by your doctor to cure this.

Till then apply ointment ultramide or ointment polysporin.They are available as OTC without prescription & will help greatly in treating this sorel blister.

Also get your blood sugar levels checked as this has happened for the second time.

Hope this helped

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards