dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology

I pulled a muscle while stretching my arms a month ago, now

Customer Question

Hi, I pulled a muscle while stretching my arms a month ago, now I have a constant pain below my rib cage. I noticed swelling last night. It's weird because when heat hits the area pain disappears
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: It's on my left side in the lower rib cage area. The muscle pull injury was also my left arm
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: It seems to get inflamed and is sometimes a painful knot that disappears. I'm just not understanding this pain
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?