Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

My 3 year old has a bump on s nose that resembles a pimple,

Customer Question

My 3 year old has a white bump on his nose that resembles a pimple, but it's hard like a scab and big, about 4-5 mm in diameter. I have a pic I can send... Just wondering what it is
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 8 months ago.
Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've attached two pictures.

Thanks. The first pic is out of focus. Can you try and take another picture in brighter lighting, with his head tilted up so that we can see the lesion, front on? Is it itchy or painful? How long has he had this for?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry he has gone to bed. So I can't take another photo. It started as a redness with no white about 2 days ago and has grown to what you see there. It's not itchy for him but he says it hurt when we touch it
Ok. I wonder if it is a small infected bite or hair follicle. In any case, nothing to worry. Please try and upload a pic when he wakes up. Minor infections should clear up with triple antibiotic ointment applied 3-4 times a day for 5-7 days. Do keep me posted.

Sorry Please ignore the last message which for some strange reason has been automatically resent by the system. Apologies!