Dr. S. Attili
Dr. S. Attili, Dermatologist & Dermatopathologist
Experience:  MRCP (Dermatology), Int. Board Certification in Dermatopathology
17493159

I have this rash that goes away but comes back on my feet.

Customer Question

I have this rash that goes away but comes back on my feet. Mostly on the heel . It starts as little red or pink bumps then the skin breaks and peels . I assumed it was a fungus but I have used fungus sprays on it for a year now and it keeps coming back. Please help me.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. S. Attili replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I am Dr. Venkat Attili, Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 10 years of experience in this field. I am here to assist you and will answer your questions to your complete satisfaction. Can you please upload a picture at your convenience?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please let me know if you can see well enough to diagnose ...

This picture is a bit out of focus. Can you try zooming out and take the picture in brighter lighting please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My email is***@******.***
Thanks. This is much better. Is the rash present on both feet or just one? Is it related to any particular footwear that you may be using?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just my left foot .. not sure if the footwearmatters ...it starts as dots then goes away and comes back in other areas ..
Ok, your pictures and history are suggestive of a condition called pompholyx. You can read all about it here- http://dermnetnz.mobify.me/dermatitis/pompholyx.htmlThis is usually a reaction to something coming in contact with the skin. But not always do we manage to identify the cause. The best way to treat this is to use a moisturiser like flexitol heel balm 3-4 times a day along with a steroid ointment like Clobetasol propionate once daily (you will need to ask your doctor for a prescription). It should clear up in a few weeks. Unfortunately recurrence is not uncommon unless we manage to identify the triggering factor. This doesn't look fungal. If you are experiencing recurrences frequently seeing a dermatologist and getting patch testing done can help identify possible triggering factors.Hope this helps. Do keep me posted & get back if you have any further questions or feel that I have missed out anything. I will be here to provide ongoing advice as necessary. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks. . I'm not belong paying .. but if your.ever in Baton Rouge , LA .. come get a massage . www.scottmedine.con
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
www.scottmedine.com
Sure will do. Thank you. Best wishes