Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

2ND OPINION: IS THIS HERPES? PICURES OF RASH: I have a

Customer Question

2ND OPINION: IS THIS HERPES?PICURES OF RASH:
http://imgur.com/a/tZXguI have a mostly healed small red rash at the base of my penis shaft. Along with it are two almost entirely healed bug-bite looking marks on my left testicle scrotum skin.I noticed the rash after a work trip. During this time I:
Slept naked in hotel sheets
Used new hotel soap
Have very brief(less than 5 seconds) of oral/genital contact from a stripper during a lap dance. She also spit in her hand and rubbed my penis a bit.
Had contact with several people experiencing flu-like symptoms.The stripper incident happened 2 Mondays ago. By Thursday (day3) I noticed a small bug-bite looking spot near the base of my foreskin that immediately had me worried about herpes. It healed on its own within a day or two without any itchiness or discomfort.Saturday (day 5) Evening I began to feel flu-like symptoms. 2 of my coworkers did at this time as well, and we work physically with one another, touching the same equipment. I noticed a small ovular/irregularly shaped rash at the base of my penis, where the shaft and scrotum meet. It was perhaps the width of a dime. It was itchy and tingly. I did not notice any blisters, but it was shiny in places and red.I went to planned parenthood for a herpes test on Monday (day 7). It is too early for the blood work to be definitive, but the doctor told me she isn't worried that it is herpes, and that I should just get some rest. (I had not slept a full night since i first suspected herpes and had very, very high anxiety throughout the week.) She said there was nothing she could run a swab test on, despite the rash. She drew blood for a herpes test to help me feel at ease. That night and next morning i seemed to notice some minor anal/perineum itching, though couldn't see any rash or inflammation or blisters.On Wednesday (day 9) I noticed two-more of the bug bite sores, this time on my left testicle. The skin on my left testicle was red, itchy, and dry.Thursday (day 10) I returned to planned parenthood to have her examine the new sores, but by the morning they were mostly healed and the redness had subsided. My herpes blood work had came back negative, but of course would be a false negative if i had a recent infection. She told me to come back in a month for another test to determine once and for all that I didn't have herpes. She said I am probably safe to resume unprotected sex with my wife.It is now Friday (day 11) and the rash at the base of the penis is mostly healed, although still visible as red, tight skin. It is not painful to the touch, but perhaps a bit sensitive. The same with the marks on my scrotum. The initial irritation at the base of my foreskin is long since healed. There was some minor itchiness the the scrotum generally when I woke up this morning.I have not noticed swollen lymph nodes (although I'm not sure I'd be able to identify them) or lower back pain in excess from what I usually get from work.Is there any danger in unprotected sexual contact with my wife?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

The chances of this being herpes is very low and the reason why I say that is because herpes would usually present with multiple small ulcers and not just one ulcer like what you are having.

Since this is still a fresh wound, I would like that this should heal up properly before having unprotected sex as that can affect the healing of this wound.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are multiple sites for the ulcers.1 at the base of the shaft.
2 on the left scrotum ~1inch apart from one another.
Does that effect your prognosis?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Then there is a possibility that this could be herpes.

I would not recommend unprotected sex until this clears up or heals up.

Kindest regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I wait until I can get a blood test 6 weeks out to have unprotected sex again? Should I attempt to get a swab test done in the morning or does it appear to be too late?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

You can get a swab now which would be much quicker than waiting for that long.