Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

I have a rash that started on my left shoulder the size of a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a rash that started on my left shoulder the size of a pencil eraser and has grown since then. I feel as though it has gotten slightly smaller since it's largest last week. It began a day after I got a fever while hiking in western Arizona. It is raised, red, and very rough. No blisters or secretions, no silver scales. The skin peels off every few days which causes itching like any peeling skin causes. It has, however, spread to my chest now and I am assuming there spots will grow as well. Pictured is the shoulder rash and two new spots (middle and left chest).
I'm a nurse and someone suggested ringworm, an ultraviolet black light shows no phosphorescence. My GP thinks this is nothing to treat or be concerned about. I have never had a rash like this before and I have no allergies.
A link to a photo from a few minutes ago:
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 7 months ago.

Hi can you send me pic here.

From how long you have the rash?

Have you tried any treatments?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've had the rash for a month. My doctor will not treat me. Coconut oil and other moisturizers aren't helping.

I have seen the rash. Did you have a complete blood count done? How many days back?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have been home since February 22, my last bloodwork was actually probably in January so my doctor won't redo it. There was nothing abnormal at that time

There are 2 things, I just want to see that platelet count is normal.

Petechiae are small bleeding spots under skin when there are low platelet counts, so make sure you check platelet count once.

Second thing, these can be reaction to any vital fevers, and the fever decreased but rash is continuing. Apply zinc oxide cream on it, it should decrease itching. Take benadryl tablet when it itches. Take a anti fungal course, a single tablet of flucanazole 400mg would do.

Please leave a positive rating so that I'm credited for the answer.

Any bonus appreciated.

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 6 months ago.

Hi, Did you happen to see the answer? If so request to rate the answer positively, so that I'm compensated. Thank you so much, Good luck!