Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor , PGCSD( Dermatology)
6740150

I have mild rosacea and a story of dermatitis, however,

Customer Question

I have mild rosacea and a history of dermatitis, however, since moving to california my face has become red and itchy and more prone to flushing.I know I am allergic to the LAenvironment (I've been tested on the pollen and was positive). My question is can i use betamethasone vale rate on my cheeks to try and reduce this reaction? Is this purely rosecea or dermatitis too?I already had a kenalog shot and it didn't do anything.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Do you have severe itching on face?

Are you taking any medications at this time?

Do you have bumps on face, which contains pus?

Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here r pictures. Yes it does itch
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not taking any medication
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems. Thanks for sharing clear pictures.

Your symptoms are indicative of mild Rosacea. Your symptoms are only mild and can be easily managed.

To be honest, There is currently no known cure for rosacea, but there are treatments available to help keep the symptoms under control.

It is associated with redness of the face which includes easy facial blushing or flushing.

You should take Tab Claritin 10 mg twice a day. Yes, you can safely use betamethasone valerate topical on affected part, It is a medium-strength corticosteroid and is very useful in treating such symptoms. It is a safe medication.

You can Wash and dry your hands before using. Clean and dry the affected area. Then, apply a thin film of medication to the affected area and gently rub in, you can use it 1-3 times daily.

You can use OTC Calamine lotion for local application, it would have soothing and calming effect and resolve itching symptoms.

You should avoid facial products that contain alcohol or other skin irritants.

In case, symptoms doesn't start to improve, then you would need Antibiotic pills.

Please follow above measures, and as you have mild symptoms, So it would get resolve in few days.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Would immunotherapy (allergy shots) improve my condition? I am under the impression that when i have an alleric response my roseacea triggers...
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear,

I can understand your concern.

Yes, low dose Allergy Immunotherapy (LDA) would be helpful in treating your symptoms.

Yes, you can be give allergy shots, given at 8 week intervals (allowing the T cells to mature) for 6- 18 sessions depending on the complexity/duration of your symptoms. It would be very helpful.

There are few triggers for rosacea. These are-

• Alcohol
  • Spicy foods
  • Hot drinks
  • Hot foods (in temperature)
  • Hot baths or saunas
  • Hot weather
  • Cold weather
  • Humid weather
  • Wind
  • Sunlight
  • Anxiety issue

You should check with such triggers. which can aggravate Rosacea.

You can ask your doctor for low dose immunotherapy, it can very useful for your condition.

God bless you and take care.