dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I was at a nude beach when a gay man made unwanted advances,

Customer Question

I was at a nude beach when a gay man made unwanted advances, his hand momentarily touched my penis before I got away. I am paranoid about possibility of stds including herpies. Am I safe?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.

It is highly unlikely that this unfortunately encounter will mean anything. The herpes virus is a fragile one and not easy to transmit unless under certain conditions. You would need some degree of intimate contact for wither the syphilis or herpes to develop a foothold. If you had an opining in the skin it would be possible but only if the virus or bacteria was able to be placed on the area. I would say that you are quite safe. If you are concerned nonetheless, I would wash the area with Hibiclens Wash and apply a Benzoyl Peroxide.

Expert:  dermdoc19 replied 1 year ago.
Any further questions?