Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I have psorisis on alotbof my body. I have been taking

Customer Question

Hi i have psorisis on alotbof my body. I have been taking methotrexate. But it is making me so sick and tired the day after that i need to stay in bed and i work full time. Have 3 little girls and live 50 minutes out of tge closiest town on a property. So ultra violet light is not an option. I dont know what to do anymore.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Have you been under the care of a dermatologist? Do they have you on any topical agents? Have you used any injectables?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi dr bob. I got psoriasis when i was pregnant with my first child 8 years ago. I have seen the occasuonal dermatoligist. But not for the last 2 years. I have taken ne oral orally and methotrexate orally. I put advantan on in the morning and daivobet of a night. And novosone lotion in the scalp. What injectables are there and is there any new medications out that wont be me feel so bad.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Amanda. Several immunomodulator drugs are now approved for the treatment of moderate to severe psoriasis. They include etanercept (Enbrel), infliximab (Remicade), adalimumab (Humira) and ustekinumab (Stelara). These drugs are given by intravenous infusion, intramuscular injection or subcutaneous injection and are often very effective. They are typically used for people who have failed to respond to traditional therapy, don't tolerate first line agents or who have associated psoriatic arthritis.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Amanda. Have you had a chance to look into these immunomodulators? I would suggest you call your GP or dermatologist's office and request an evaluation for one of these medications. Although they're derived from natural sources rather than chemical ones, they have strong effects on the immune system and require a prescription as well as monitoring. I have seen many patients improve dramatically while on them...and getting off methotrexate would probably be a good thing for you.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hope all works out for the best for you. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have called for an appointment. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. I think a change in your treatment plan is going to help you. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.