dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I have an itch that starts on my arm. Then my arm swells up

Customer Question

I have an itch that starts on my arm. Then my arm swells up and the itchy spots turn into blisters and soars. I had it on my right forearm in october. After it cleared up I got it in the same place on my left arm around december. It took till feburary for it to clear up and now I am getting it on my right arm at and above the elbow.My doctor said it looks like shingles but I had the vaccine and they say shingles is only on one side of the body.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is like a burning itch and after the blisters get big they have a yellow substance coming out of them.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dermatologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

can you upload a clear jpg photo of your skin rash?

shingles tends to be very very very very painful.

her are instructions to upload a photo from a computer.

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0