Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

What is the best treatment? I have been getting them every

Customer Question

What is the best treatment for hives? I have been getting them every day for over a month. Benadryl helps but they come back. Should I keep taking every day? I also am havin a eczema break out which I haven't had in years. I am72 pretty healthy. Could it be related to laundry soap.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 9 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.
The best treatment will be prevention, that is to identify the allergen / irritant and avoid it. Till that is done, you can use a second generation antihistamine like Cetrizine or Loratidine instead of the benadryl which is a first generation antihistamine and can cause sedation and some habituation as well.

A visit to the Allergist/Immunologist can help in identification of the allergen as well to design a desensitzation regimen which can eliminate the response to the irritant.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.