Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have dark spots in between my breasts. It's a huge patch

Customer Question

I have dark spots in between my breasts. It's a huge patch that starts in between my breasts and almost goes up to my neck. It itches alot. IVe tried putting apple cider vinegar on it. Works sometimes. But it is so ugly. Can't wear most of my tops. Please help. Is it just yeast or something worse?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the photograph. This could be a yeast infection (candidiasis) or a dry eczema related to a skin yeast (seborrheic dermatitis). This does not respond to apple cider vinegar. I would suggest switching to 1% Lotrimin cream - mix this in a 1:1 ratio with 1% Hydrocrotisone cream and apply twice a day. Orally take Tablet Claritin 10 mg once or twice a day depending on the severity of the itching or burning and try and stay as cool and dry as possible.

Give this regimen 3-5 days to work - if the rash looks like it is improving then continue the creams for 14 days or so and that should take care of the problem. If you sweat a lot in the area then additionally use Zeasorb-AF powder 5 minutes after the creams in the morning to help keep the area dry.

All of the above are available over the counter without a prescription.

If you don’t see any improvement in 3-5 days then it would be best to see a doctor in person.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.