dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I bruised under my left eye from a Botox injection a little

Customer Question

I bruised under my left eye from a Botox injection a little over a week ago. (Weird, bc I never bruise from Botox taking all precautions: No alcohol, no aspirin, etc.) On day four it was not going away, nor was it changing colors-it was staying red and the same size. Almost like the bruise turned into a rash with the same borders. I know I'm not allergic to Botox because I've had it done several times before. I contacted my MD before she left for vacation, and I've been on antibiotics for five days. However, it has not gotten worse or better. Could it be viral? A skin infection?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?