dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I Recently had an outbreak and my lip borders would turn red

Customer Question

HEY I Recently had an outbreak and my lip borders would turn red and my lips would constantly peel, not chapped. They usually feel like theyre tingling and also itchy at times. I applied vaseline not too long ago before bed and it really made it better, but it always seems to come back. vaseline definitely works. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Those are really the only symptoms ive felt, peeling lips, from time to time they do itch but they usally have this tingly feeling. They get irritated at the lip line, mostly the upper lip.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dermatologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you attach a close-up picture of the lips or a high resolution image that will allow for zooming?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay

No picture came through the system.

If you thought that you had attached it, it did not come through. If you cannot attach the picture until later, that is fine.