dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I am having an outbreakFor the last few years I have been expiriencing

Customer Question

I am having an outbreakFor the last few years I have been expiriencing an outbreak of some type at the top of my but (tailbone) It is like a butt cleavage. I had fallen on rollarblades and somehow hurt it. The area is usually in same place. I rarely ever notice it except by touch. It is about the size of a quarter but more of an oval. Sometimes it has small bumps like a coliflower < sometimes the puss filled bumps form together and make a patterned cluster, it almost looks like ringworm. When I was in Highschool a very mean Dr. made me feel like trash. Throughout the years, I have asked many gyns about this but never had a culture. One dr prescribed me to take 500 mg daily. My curent Dr. saw it after the "pus" stage, basically when it was drying up and he didnt think that it was herpes and recomended not to take the Valtrx. I had an outbreak about 2 weeks ago and just tonight, I saw a very large patch (difficult area to actually see) and it had puss areas. Is this perhaps shingles, have never had any types of break out on my actual genitals, just the butt cleavage
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Do you have a few pictures that you could attach here for me to see and give you a better opinion.Please let me know.Kindest regards