khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Had another question regarding immediate concerns here To

Customer Question

Had another question regarding immediate concerns here http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/af4526bba2ea46aaa7a5c4d94735e1a0?continueTheConversation=False&comingFromAdservEmail=False&ratedThroughEmail=False&rating=0&fromPayPal=FalseTo sum up, I used a dermaroller Jan 10...homemade scrub a few weeks later and lactic 55% peel a week later. I know it was stupid. My skin has been burning and hurting since. I have been to three doctors about this issue...all of whom have stated I have Rosacea in addition to skin trauma from the above procedures.The burning and pain is so much that I have missed several days at work. I went back to work today after a long weekend and my face burned so intensely I could not focus on anything else. The pain is so bad it's also giving me headaches. My face still continues to hurt and burn, and feels like it is forming hardened scars under my skin. As of today, my neck and chest area have gotten red; there are a few pimplish looking things in places. I've been using Cicaplast for the skin trauma which I think has helped a little. I've sprayed my face with tea tree oil and water as I understand Rosacea is bacterial and moisturizer, plus a zinc oxide lotion I made. One doctor prescribed Ivermectin, and I've used it a little on one side of my face and forehead to see if it will work, however it contains citric acid and alcohol so i'm naturally apprehensive.My question is...does this sound like Rosacea? IIs it likely that that's what's happening here, given that I have never had this kind of heat and pain in my face previously? Even my eyelids burn periodically.
Any advice and input welcome.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Was this all done at home on your own?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi..Yes, This was done at home. I have been weaning myself off of Celexa--I am on extremely low dose. I take saw palmetto...I have since started taking natural anti fungals black walnut and licorice. I am a healthy person. Before this, I exercised regularly and had a reasonable diet, tho I admit did have binge sugar eating issues from time to time. No other issues I can think of.

Thank you for that additional information.

I do not believe that this is rosacea from what you have posted.

At this point, I feel it is time for you to stop dealing with this at home, putting tea oil on it etc and see your primary care MD for evaluation and treatment.

You do not wan to end up with permanent scarring or other damage....

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already been to 3 doctors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry..I did not realize I didn't mention that. None of them were dermatologists, however.

Then it is time to seek expert consultation. I suggest you go to a Teaching Hospital and consult with a Professor of Dermatology.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in Canada. I have tried to get in to see a dermatologist, but I can't get an appointment until June. That's why I am here today.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach the photos here? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Does anything make it better or worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any other medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi...the photos are basically the same as they were before. I'm attaching for you to review. I'm 5'4. The trigger I think was the things I described above...skin trauma from idiotic treatments that I did to myself. I take Saw Palmetto and am weaning myself off Celexa. I'm taking herbal antifungals...I didn't mention this before because I know most doctors don't think systemic fungal infection is a real thing, but I had a break out of huge boils ten years ago which was only resolved when I quit all high carb, processed foods, sugar, caffeine...that's what I'm doing now and I think it has made a slight difference. I haven't tried to deviate from the rosacea diet (even though I'm not sure that's what I have).No one that I know of in my family has this issue. Eliminating all the foods has somewhat helped I think, but the burning and pain still continues.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It is not rosacea. It could be skin infection (bacterial, fungal, etc.) because damaged skin is more susceptible to microbes plus you haven’t used sterile roller (needles) every time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. The burning dI'd not start until a week or so after the lactic peel..3 or 4 weeks after the rolling. ..I did sterilize the needles. ..is the infection still possible giBen those circumstances, or is it possible that it was in result of the peEl even tho there was no bleeding or skin shedding? Would these microbes then have migrated to my neck and chest area?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Dermaroller shows a relatively short recovery period (two to three days) and a very low risk for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. If it is sterilized, it is unlike Dermaroller causes it. The peel could have caused the problem together with the needling. One report said some patients developed postinflammatory hyperpigmentation, but resolved within three months. Rarely it may last several months. So you should take care of the area with moisturizer. You may use titration cream nightly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there one you recommend?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your assistance.