khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

My sister sells a product that she claims makes her look 10

Customer Question

My sister sells a product that she claims makes her look 10 years younger, are there really products on the market that can make someone appear to be years younger? She wants me to sell her product because he does that and she uses the product.I am 10 years younger and she get extremely happen if someone says that we look like twins. As if we look the same age. Which I don't see that because she obviously is older than I am. She puts all of these chemicals on her face to look young. Isn't it all in the way one eats and lifestyle that makes someone look younger or not? Thanks
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  khagihara replied 9 months ago.

It seems to be an anti-wrinkle cream. Here are some common ingredients that may result in slight to modest improvement in the appearance of wrinkles as follows:

• Retinol. Retinol is a vitamin A compound, the first antioxidant to be widely used in nonprescription wrinkle creams. Antioxidants are substances that neutralize free radicals — unstable oxygen molecules that break down skin cells and cause wrinkles.
  • Vitamin C. Another potent antioxidant, vitamin C may help protect skin from sun damage. Before and between uses, wrinkle creams containing vitamin C must be stored in a way that protects them from air and sunlight.
  • Hydroxy acids. Alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids and poly hydroxy acids are exfoliants — substances that remove the upper layer of old, dead skin and stimulate the growth of smooth, evenly pigmented new skin.
  • Coenzyme Q10. This ingredient may help reduce fine wrinkles around the eyes and protect the skin from sun damage.
  • Tea extracts. Green, black and oolong tea contain compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Green tea extracts are the ones most commonly found in wrinkle creams.
  • Grape seed extract. In addition to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, grape seed extract also promotes wound healing.
  • Niacinamide. A potent antioxidant, this substance is related to Vitamin B-3 (niacin). It helps reduce water loss in the skin and may improve skin elasticity.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are those products safe to use on skin? I don't need them at this point but my question was about diet,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will rate you shortly.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you

They are safe to use them. Okay. About anti-aging diet. You should eat colorful fruits and vegetables filled about half your plate containing vitamin C, zinc, beta-carotene, and resveratol. You should eat whole grains, fish, dairy with low fat, nuts, beans and lentils as well.