Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have a small raised bump on my left cheek... It's not a

Customer Question

I have a small raised bump on my left cheek... It's not a pimple for sure as its base is wider and has no head on it. It's not painful at all and has been there for a few weeks. What is it?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picture provided below
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

This looks like dermatitis, which refers to inflammation of the skin and as such can have many causes ranging from friction, excessive sunlight exposure, reaction to make up, or internal eczemas. Dermatitis can be mild, moderate, or severe and yours would grade as mild. It should respond to twice a day application of a 1:1 mixture of Cortizone-10 ointment with Bacitracin ointment for 1-2 weeks. You can buy both of these over the counter without a prescription. Besides this keep your skin well moisturized and stay out of direct sunlight as much as possible for the next few weeks.

If this line of management does not clear the lesion within 2 weeks then a skin cyst would become a possibility - this usually requires a steroid injection into the lesion to clear it and for that you would need to see a doctor in person.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can a topical steroid work?
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

Yes it could well work - the Cortizone-10 ointment I suggested is a topical steroid.