Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I am a 20 year old male and I am curious about a slight

Customer Question

I am a 20 year old male and I am curious about a slight divot/indentation at the upper base of my penis in pubis/mons pubis area. I am tall (6"2) but slightly overweight. I am concerned that my pubis area is unnecessarily raised compared to most males and the divot above my penis worries me. Is it because I'm a little overweight (lightly chubby) or is it normal? Thank you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is most noticeable when I am sitting on the toilet or flaccid. It is not as noticeable (I can barely discern it when I'm hard, but I guess when I pull my erect penis downward its more noticeable) As you can see, I'm rather thin, just chubby in the stomach and love handles area but I just can't see why my pubis is so raised. I only have seen this level of fatty tissues on rather severely overweight men.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks slightly dis colored in the two sitting pictures but I can assure you it's the same color as my normal skin
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the photographs. Your condition is perfectly normal. Some men have more fat than others in the pubic area - this fat creates a slight protrusion as in your case - this creates the indentation at the base of the penis; perfectly normal. This is similar to lower abdominal fat which men are very prone to. Cutting down alcohol and calore intake and toning the muscles of the lower abdomen can sometimes help reduce the protrusion. Failing this liposuction is an option for men who are very concerned about the appearance of the area.

Please feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.