dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist
Experience:  30 years practice in general and cosmetic dermatology
50983945

I've had an irritated red patch under the head of my penis

Customer Question

I've had an irritated red patch under the head of my penis on the foreskin (I'm circumcised) for about 3 months now. I'm 22 and I had the same sexual partner for a year and a half so I doubt it's an std plus it doesn't match any I've seen. It started after we had gone a month or so without sex because of not being able to see each other. We had protected sex 4-5 times in a 2 day period and also I received oral with a little too much teeth. I thought maybe this was the cause because after I noticed 3 small red spots about the size of an eraser head on the left side of my foreskin, the middle, and the right side, all right along the crease line when flaccid. The middle and right side went away on its own after a month or so but the left side seems to have gotten worse and is now about the size of a dime. It's only slightly more pink than the rest of the skin but after sex or masturbation it flares up to a bright red. It doesn't have defined borders but is very noticeable. I tried lotion at night because I thought maybe it was dry skin but that made it more red, same with hydrocortisone which looked to work for a day then it flared back up the next night. Same results with Vaseline. It seems to do best with no irritation and cleaning it with water regularly but will never fully go away and sometimes will flare up randomly. In the past month it's gotten to be much more noticeable and sensitive to flaring up. It doesn't itch, sometimes it has a slight burn but that could be me thinking about it too much. Also it seems like there may be a small pea size lump under the area that comes and goes but is noticeable after sex or masturbation.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

Please attach a picture or two for me to see.

Kindest regards