Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I had what appeared to be a bruise on the back side of my

Customer Question

I had what appeared to be a bruise on the back side of my hand. It was probably the size of a quarter. I woke up this morning and it was gone. What could this be? I don't remember hitting myself. This has happened in the past. I did take ibuprofen and advil daily for a week or so for back and neck pain. That was a little over 2 weeks ago though. Why would a "bruise" appear and disappear overnight?
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
correction the bruise appeared last night and was gone this morning
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't need a neurologist. Please advise
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Was there any pain associated?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no pain
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My skin is quite thin though

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. That bruise is likely to be due to a small bleeding under your skin. This can just be due to bursting of a small blood vessel under your skin and it became more obvious due to your thin skin or it can be due to excessive blood thinning as a side effect of using Advil and Aleve. I would suggest you to see your doctor when possible to get your blood test called PT/APTT and INR done and if it's fine then there is nothing to worry. Ideally you shouldn't be taking these pain killers till you get your evaluation done. But don't get stressed, nothing is serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your response. I have also experience sudden pain in my finger. It feels like a bee sting . I think it's a blood vessel popping. Again a small bruise or discoloration and it disappears in a day or so. Could this all be related? I have Reynauds of the hands and feet.

Thank you for your input. The pain can be due to Raynauds but the bruise is due to popping blood vessel and that should be checked. Till you visit, you can take 2 tablets of Tylenol thrice daily because Advil and Aleve can aggravate the bruising. My best wishes and prayers will be following you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards