Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

What can I use to cure a groin fungus growth. am putting on

Customer Question

what can I use to cure a groin fungus growth. am putting on 3 types of different brands fungus creams on now mixed with iodine and does stop the itch but is slowly getting worse
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need to see a dermatologist or infectious disease doctor for stronger prescription antifungal therapy.

seeing a doctor will allow you to have diflucan (fluconizole) antifungal pills which can kill fungus and also prescription antifungal powders like Nystatin powders and creams and ketoconazole

you are using only over the counter agents currently which are not as strong as prescription agents.

it is very important to keep the area in the groin as try as possible

sometimes antifungal creams can add too much moisture into the area and you need a prescription antifungal powder to kill the fungus there.

I would not use the iodine. that will not kill fungus and only adds to excessive moisture in the area.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com