DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I have 2 red pimple marks one on my forehead and one on my

Customer Question

I have 2 red pimple marks one on my forehead and one on my upper cheak. It's in healing process, but doesn't seem to heal quick enough, and Ive noticed that it's been more irritated. Will cortisone work for me? If I want it done will the dermatologist accept to do the injection. I have a important even to go to 8 days from now.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Can you please send a picture or two on here so that I can give you a better opinion.

Kindest regards

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 10 months ago.

Hello

To answer your question, no, do not use cortisone.

You have to rule out infection, typically from staph, and cortisone can cover this up and make it spread.

You would need to have the dermatologist consider the correct antibiotic cream, depending on exam.

Likely to be mupiricin.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Find me in medical by request as needed. I will respond promptly and completely to your questions.