Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Experience:  MD
23744323

Is this live chat?
, I have some small red irritated

Customer Question

Customer: is this live chat?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have some small red irritated "bumps" on the head of my penis. I woke up this morning with some irritation and "smegma" and a bit of itching. this happened once before a few weeks ago. The bumps did not appear until I started masturbating and as I was, they got more red and irritated. I'm wondering what it could be? When it happened before it went away within 24-48hrs. the last time I had unprotected sex was orally about a month ago. Could it be genital herpes? Would it have gone away in a couple of days like before if it were? I'm also wondering if it might be a yeast issue. The redness and red "bumps" are in the same spot as they were last time. they are only on the base of the head and maybe a very, very small bit right below the head. any info would be helpful and appreciated!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dermatologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm also sending a pictures. Thank you!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry I keep adding info, but also... maybe it could be a developed allergy from laundry detergent? and I do eat a lot of sugar and have heard that can cause yeast growth
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Update: After about three hours the redness has gone down by about 25%. Also there's no irritation present. Only a bit sensitive to the touch. Still wondering what it could be though.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Most likely allergic reaction.

Eczema is a better term.

Not genital herpes related.

Topical hydrocortisone cream twice daily for 5 days should resolve the rash.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/