Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have a small raised area near my scalp. I just found it

Customer Question

I have a small raised area near my scalp. I just found it the other day. I'm wondering if I could get someone to look at a picture of it to give me a educated guess on what it possibly could be.
Category: Dermatology
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pic
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Do these bumps hurt or itch? Do they feel soft or hard to the touch?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was hurting the other day when I found it so I shaved around it to see it better. It looked really scaly and dry the first day. And then it seems to have gotten firmer and is not healing after I had shaved the surface.

Thank you for the information. The picture blurs on zooming in so its hard to certain that's what they are but from what I can see these bumps look like warts to me. Warts are skin infection with a virus and harmless apart from the bumps they produce. You can have your doctors freeze these off in a few minutes, that should sort out the problem. There is unfortunately no over the counter medicine which works reliably for warts in the scalp/face region. You can also just wait and watch - sometimes wart clear on their own over a few months.