Dr. Nair
Dr. Nair, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology)
40004158

I have skin rash pimples on chest and stomach not itchy a

Customer Question

I have skin rash pimples on chest and stomach not itchy for over a week. My doctor said probably viral. Any ideas?
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Dr. Nair replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is***** and I will do my best to provide a useful input.

Would a photograph of the affected area be possible at your convenience?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
These are what I have
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Trying to upload pics its not working

Thank you for the photographs. Your history and clinical picture are most suggestive of a viral exanthem. This is a self-limiting viral infection of the skin (think of it as 'flu of the skin'). This can occur with or without a fever and systemic symptoms such as malaise, body ache etc. Another possibility would be a drug rash if this rash appeared within a few days of starting a new drug but drug rashes are usually more aggressive and often itchy.

Regular viral exanthem resolves in 7-21 days. No particular treatment is required if the rash is asymptomatic as in your case. Just avoid exerting too much and stay as cool as possible. Keep your skin well moisturised and nothing further is required for now.

If you find that the rash is not clearing after 10-15 days then other possibilities like Pitryiasis Rosea and Early Guttate Psoriasis would come into the picture - again not harmful but more persistent than a viral exanthem - and it would be best to see a doctor in person.

Pleased feel free to ask if you have any queries. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.