DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Internist/homeopath
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor/homeopathy medical and homeopathic approaches to skin disorders.
24257177

I have just read about a similar issue to mine and I want to

Customer Question

Customer: I have just read about a similar issue to mine and I want to get your opinion. My wife just noticed a lump on my left side of my back about 6 " from my spine and close to where my rib cage raps around to my back 10" from my waist line. The lump is egg shaped approximately 2" long and 1 1/2" wide and 1" deep it is "softish" not like belly fat but more like arm muscle soft. It appears to be under the skin and on the rib bone or between the last rib bone. It does move when pushed. I have never noticed any discomfort before and do not feel anything abonormal when it is touched. Ideas??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There is no discoloration but it is visible to the naked eye when I bend over and compare to the other side. Is there anything else you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dermatology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 10 months ago.

Hello

You are perfectly describing a lipoma.

This is a fat like tumor.

It is harmless.

Have your doctor fell it.

They have a characteristic feel.

There is no needed treatment if this is the case.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily